The Certificate of Encryption Awareness Proficiency (CEAP) course offers training on basic security and encryption strategies for all healthcare environments. Federal regulations specifically exempt encrypted Protected Health Information (PHI) from breach reporting requirements. A lost laptop containing unencrypted PHI is a major breach and a financial and reputational disaster. The same laptop with encrypted data is not a reportable breach. But HIPAA calls for encryption of all ePHI, whether it is stored or transmitted. This session will focus on pragmatic strategies for providers to encrypt PHI.
* Understand Federal healthcare regulations on encryption
* Compare encryption of data at rest and in transmission
* Describe strategies for full-disk encryption
* Discuss BYOD policies and options
* Identify the trouble with Business Associates
* Analyze the advantages of the cloud
* Describe how to implementing a patient portal
* Understand the use of EHR messaging
* Explain Email encryption
* Understand OpenPGP
* Compare solutions for chat and text
Average course study time: 2-4 hours
AUDIENCE: This program is intended as a professional development course of study for providers, practice managers, consultants, medical staff, students in healthcare programs, HealthIT pro's and others addressing medical site administration.
ABOUT THIS COURSE:
ACCREDITATION: This course is fully accredited for continuing education, NCPD/CME and credential renewal for Physicians/PAs, Nurses/RNs/LPNs, CHCIOs, CAHIMs and CPHIMs managers. Click relevant CE button below for credit information.
System requirements: To access 4Medapproved online courseware, you must use IE9+, Chrome 5+, Firefox 17+, Safari 5+, or any browser that supports HTML5