This CHSP Renewal Edition (with all 2022 updates) allows alumni who feel confident in their HIPAA knowledge to revisit all material prior to taking the final exam without a requirement to review ALL material. If a module or support document has been updated, the dashboard will provide notice, so that learners may review any new items prior to electing to take the certification exam. This version is open to currently Certified CHSP Professionals only, and is not intended for new students. You will have three attempts at the final exam to succeed. If you do not pass the renewal final within three attempts, you will be required to take the entire course and complete all modules prior to your re-take (at no extra charge).
NOTE: If you purchase this version and do not hold an active/current CHSP credential in our system, your registration will be moved to the full self-paced, mandatory module version.
* Discuss an Overview of HIPAA
* Understand the HIPAA Privacy Rule
* Understand the HIPAA Security Rule
* Describe Business Associate Regulations
* Explain the HITECH Act and Omnibus Final Rule
* Discuss HIPAA Data Breaches and Penalties
* Describe how to preparing for a HIPAA Audit or Data Breach Investigation
* Understand HIPAA Policies, Procedures, Awareness, and Training
* Identify Compliance with Multiple Regulations
* Discuss Applied HIPAA Security for Healthcare Professionals
** Each CHSP Certification Course license includes downloadable templates of a HIPAA Business Associate Agreement and a HIPAA Business Associate Agreement for Subcontractors
AVERAGE STUDY TIME: 5-10 hours
AUDIENCE: This program is intended as a professional development course of study for providers, practice managers, consultants, medical staff, students in healthcare programs, HealthIT pro's and others addressing medical site administration.
ABOUT THIS COURSE:
ACCREDITATION: This course is fully accredited for continuing education, NCPD/CME and credential renewal for Physicians/PAs, Nurses/RNs/LPNs, CHCIOs, CAHIMs and CPHIMs managers. Click relevant CE button below for credit information.
System requirements: To access 4Medapproved online courseware, you must use IE9+, Chrome 5+, Firefox 17+, Safari 5+, or any browser that supports HTML5