The Certificate of EVMR with Payment Security Proficiency (CEVMRP) course provides comprehensive training on basic veterinary medical record protocols with a focus on efficient workflow and protection of patient data and client payment information. Accurate, secure, and complete veterinary medical records executed with efficiency should create a clear roadmap for the client lifecycle and relationship.
Standard records of medical care in many veterinary environments may include inaccuracies or incomplete information. This can happen when records are delayed and entered at the end of a day or dispatched to a non-provider on a non-linear schedule.
Even when handled promptly, poor record-keeping protocols can result in incomplete records which may be difficult to decipher and disseminate. Thus – the widespread implementation of electronic veterinary (EVMR) medical record keeping with prompt and efficient workflow, can help improve the overall quality of care.
* Describe why proper record keeping is important for veterinary practice.
* Outline medical record compliance parameters.
* Detail basic elements of the EVMR based medical record-keeping system.
* Explain efficiencies of workflow decisions surrounding EVMR protocols.
* Describe legal and licensing issues frelevant to EVMR.
* Demonstrate a basic medical record workflow using a hands-on EVMR example.
* Define patient data and client payment security protocols
* Explain best practices for data protection following PCI-DSS standards
* Demonstrate a PCI-DSS secure client payment entry using a hands-on EVMR example.
AVERAGE STUDY TIME: 2-4 hours
AUDIENCE: This program is intended as a professional development course of study for providers, practice managers, consultants, medical staff and students in veterinary programs.
ABOUT THIS COURSE:
APPROVAL: This program (1208-41884 ) has been approved by AAVSB-RACE to offer a total of 1.00 CE Credits (1.00 max) being available to any one veterinarian: and/or 1.00 Veterinary Technician CE Credits (1.00 max). Participants should verify recognition with their state board(s) and should be aware that some boards have limitations on the number of hours accepted in certain categories and/or restrictions of certain methods of delivery of continuing education.
System requirements: To access 4Medapproved online courseware, you must use IE9+, Chrome 5+, Firefox 17+, Safari 5+, or any browser that supports HTML5